Friday, March 25, 2011

Goo Goo Over Gaga

Wednesday night goes down in the books - it was the long-awaited Lady Gaga concert with my sister!

We bought our tickets back in October, so the wait for it seemed foreeeeever. I knew it would be quite the experience, and she didn't disappoint!
First off, the fans were crazy. Drag queens, leather, lace, booty shorts, wigs, glitter, bustiers, pantlessness - you name it, it was there. It felt like the Gay Pride Parade, and it was nothing short of fantastic! We even saw an almost-fight between some stubby short girl and a flamboyant gay guy. He didn't let her attitude get him down because he told her loudly, "Honey, just have a shot of Crowne and cheer up!"

Robyn and I were super close to the stage. Our tickets were general admission, which stressed me out for a minute because I was worried we wouldn't be able to push our way through and see the action. Sure, we ended up as sardines at one point, but it was beyond worth it! Her costumes, the stage setups, her voice - all of it was fabulous from start to finish. A lot of people think she can't sing, but she didn't lip sync one bit, and she sounded great. Plus, she stopped to thank her fans every so often and shared her personal struggles of feeling out of place growing up. She really makes it cool to be weird!

So needless to say, it was an electric night. The show got out at about 11:30, and even though I'd been up since 6 and had to work the next day, I wasn't even tired because of the adrenaline rush. I want to go back and live it again!

Other than that, this week has been rather boring. Last week, however, was a bundle of excitement and action. First off, a long-time member of my team at work decided to go out and start a firm on his own, so his last day was last week. It was a shock to all of us and seemed very abrupt, but I think it was a long time coming for him, so I'm happy he's deciding to blaze a trail for himself.

His departure meant some good news for me - I'm now the lead on one of our biggest accounts and get to go to a huge event for it next weekend.....at a 5-star resort on the beach in Orange County! All-you-can-eat and drink, and virtually, our responsibilities there are minimal. My boss is going as well, but I get my own room! I'm beyond stoked.

Last week also was PR gold for my work - one of our clients was able to talk about radiation coming from Japan, and we got him in the Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Bloomberg, Forbes, CNBC and on an hour-long national radio show. It was such a rush and reminded me of why I love PR.

This weekend I'm planning on visiting Nicole in Sonoma since it was her birthday last week, and she's planning on moving to Portland soon. This means I'm not able to make it to my best friend's boyfriend's birthday party, and I think she might be a little miffed at me for that. It's always hard for me to have to cancel on people, especially because I really do love my friends and want to make everyone happy. I'm just a big believer in keeping the commitments I make first, so I have to go with that and hope people understand.

So that's the latest in my life. I think I've got the concert fever, so it's time for me to plan my next one! Oh yeah, I'm seeing the Glee concert in May with my mom and sis....well, I'll have to plan another one too! I just love going to shows :)

No comments:

Post a Comment