Tuesday, November 24, 2009

OMG Twilight

The 12 year old in me has been let loose ever since "New Moon" came out last week.

I decided to not see it at the midnight premier (I can't go to bed at 3 a.m. on a work night!) or on Friday night (too many 'tweens all at once). Instead, I opted for the first showing Saturday morning at 10 a.m. I even got the early bird special price! Score!

I'm happy I saw it by myself the first time around because with a friend there I might have been distracted and missed things in the moving because of chatting. Watching alone I was able to completely concentrate (because, you know, the plot is so complex) and take in every single moment!

Oh, and how it was magical. One of the first scenes when you see Edward and he walks in slow motion - WOW! I call it "New Swoon!" I couldn't help but just love every minute of the movie.

And yes, critics will call out how cheesy it is and how it sucks. But really, the movie was made for a certain demographic, and it succeeds at doing exactly what the books do - you're mesmerized the whole time and just want it to keep going!

We all know the books are no masterpieces, as far as the snooty literary community would conclude. But just the fact that a regular ol' housewife can create these characters that people can envision and fall in love with is ingenious in its own right. I'm not one to re-read books because there are so many out there that I want to check out, but I'm going to make an exception and read the series again!

Oh, and P.S. I saw the movie again last night (this time not alone - I'm not that sad), and I'm probably going to see it for a third time later this week with my mom and sister. I guess I now fall into that category of the aptly named "Twi-hards." Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment