Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Little Bit of Guilt, A Little Bit of Halloween

Not sure why, but recently I've been getting these urges to reach out to estranged people in my life and catch up. One was this guy I was friends with for two minutes in college - I stumbled across a bunch of emails we wrote back and forth freshman year, and he was so nice! I remember he admitted to liking me, and I had to break it to him that I had a boyfriend. That was pretty much the end of that. Oh, and I kind of avoided him because it always felt socially awkward between us.

So it was odd for me to recently get the urge to write him again and say hello. I quickly refrained, simply because I decided there was no point. It would only be to soothe my guilt, and that's not a good reason to reach out.

The other urge (fleeting urge) was to write an old friend who was a complete and total asshole to me. I thought if maybe I reached out and apologized (I can be seriously deluded sometimes), that maybe all would be hunky dory. Ummm, thank god I came to my freakin' senses. The only thing I'm sorry for in that situation is that I ever became friends with this vile human being.

Now on to a new subject.

I went to a costume party this past weekend and actually won Best Dressed! I felt a little guilty though because my costume (Maid Marion) was store bought. Some people put all of their accessories together and were much craftier and more original. But hey, I wasn't about to turn away my prize :) I got a big Halloween gift basket with all kinds of goodies in it.

Halloween was pretty uneventful. I dressed as the Orbit gum commercial girl at work and then headed to my grandma's house to help her give out candy. I just adore that woman!

Oh, and I forced myself to read all of these creepy ghost stories. Just what a girl who lives alone with her cat needs.

All right, that's all for now. This was an officially random post.

No comments:

Post a Comment