Monday, December 5, 2011

Co-Worker Camaraderie

Last week I was invited to the grand opening of the new office of my former employer. I'm so grateful to still keep in touch with everyone there despite my moving on to a new agency. It was a spectacular event - and best of all, I got to see two of my previous co-workers and catch up!

Admittedly, it did make me a bit sad that I'm now on the outside and not as close to them as I used to be. When you work somewhere for years, you really get close with people there, and being around them again made me see how much I miss that closeness. I'm still getting to know everyone at my new job, and I know keeping it professional is more of a priority, but gaining friendships out of it would be nice too.

Thankfully, last Friday our office had our holiday celebration, which was a walking tour of eateries in downtown Sacramento. It was fabulous! I ate what could feed a small village, and walking to each location allowed us all to chat and laugh.

I loved having that personal time with my co-workers, and it made me realize that instead of being sad to leave old friends, I should be happy to have a whole slew of potential new ones. Also, one co-worker had a jewelry party at her house on Thursday, which was a blast! So I feel like I'm slowly getting more comfortable and becoming less of the "new girl" and more of a permanent member of the team.

This weekend was awesome! I performed with my tap class at our studio's Christmas show, and thanks to the boyfriend's mom bringing a crew of friends, I had quite the cheering section. Plus, my best friend came, which was a nice cherry on top. After the show, Ty, his mom, her said friends and I went to dinner and a taped concert for the band Blame Sally. It's going to air on our local PBS affiliate, and the intimate show was incredible! I'd never seen this band, but they are Ty's mom's favorite, and they were great - a nice folky, rock, country girl band. Then yesterday was just my average productive day of running errands and cleaning.

Tonight I'm going Christmas shopping - at home! Ahhh, gotta love the Internet. I plan on not stepping one foot in a mall this year. Last year, I waited too long to do my shopping, and doing it last minute was a nightmare. I loathe crowds when I shop, so buying all my gifts online this year is the perfect solution.

Here's to another lovely week - and to getting closer to Christmas! Woohoo! Love this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment